About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

May 14, 2009

a novel

she could hear his cries over the cell phone as she pressed it firmly to her ear. the fear in his voice, the electricity bolting through her body. the reality of the distance that separated them. the time it would take to get to him.
no time to think
no time to wait
keep him on the phone. run! "please, someone, call 911!, my son is..."

through pouring rain
and the strengthening winds
she ran
paying no attention to the darkness
that surrounded her
she ran
the pavement pounding against her
feet; her face plunging against the wetness
she ran
street light
darkness
street light
darkness
running

three more blocks
three more minutes
eternity
"stay in the closet, honey"
"mommy will be right there"
"don't say anything"

running
did Angie call the police?, she thought
it shouldn't take them long
why no sirens?
the cafe was only five blocks away from the apartment
it would only be a couple of hours
it was just a date
she hesitated on going
now she knows with full regret
she shouldn't have gone
running

"mommy!, mommy"
shh
"I'll be right there",
shh
running
pushing through passer byes
pushing through the rain
suddenly, she falls
a loud thud and she realizes
her head has met the pavement
street lights above
the phone detaches
darkness
darkn...