About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

May 6, 2009

three layers of deodorant

man, it's cold again
damn it, it's snowing again
what the hell!


comments from days in the mitten state
during winter months
not too long ago
cloaked in three layers of tops
darned in two layers of socks
one layer of deodorant

i hear things are blooming
quite beautifully in my home landscape
i ask on purpose of the news
needing updates on what critters are lurking
about
what birds have returned to their native
ice land, now transforming into a green wonderland
what soundtrack from mother nature is playing?

i imagine i am there
just close my eyes
sit under this fan that is swooshing above my head
out on the patio
out in the sweltering 100 plus temp

i hate the cold
despise the cold
prisoner of the cold
it's not cold here...or is it?
i forget i am the maker of my reality
easy to forget once you've lost your grip
stumbled down a path that i thought i wanted
thought i needed

green grass here but not for long
not with the blazin sun just waiting to dry up
every last drop that the golf has provided to date

green grass at home, but only for awhile, a short while
until the sun approaches the earth and lessons the warming
rays that reach the mitten coasts

everything relative
what you don't have you miss
what you do have we take for granted
what we want...not sure

three layers of deodorant so far today
it's hot
i'm going out to play