About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Apr 22, 2010

a battle not lost

each day is the same
yet brings me closer to a goal
the sunshine helps
brings warmth to my soul

don't worry 'bout all that stuff
pa does say
something will work out
that's what we call faith

ma conceals her worry
under bated breath she pines
as i and my sibs
fight wire, tape and mines

though hands clasp ours
words blanket our tears
outsiders look over us
but can't stop the fear

i don't know what's worse
being the one in the turmoil
or the one that can only
offer words to console

for the pain is as great
for both sides of the fence
everyone loses something...

non of this makes sense

so try as i may
to continue my plight
i may have lost the war
but i shall not lose the fight

at least not today