About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Apr 2, 2010

and then there was light

i don't know where the shift came from
i just know it came

relief

i hear it in my voice
in my words

coulda been the meetings
maybe getting outside these walls
and outside myself

coulda been the warmth of the sun
permeating my skin and through to
my heart, melting the ice cold
sadness that formed into a
giant glacier

coulda been the opportunity to
put in a hard days labor
washing, cleaning, scrubbing, sweeping
all to earn some desperately needed
pride and a few greens

calm

i knew the darkness had swept in swiftly
and unforgiving but somehow I managed to remain
conscious of it...and its potential

God

but then the light showed up
the heaviness was lifted
the potential shifted
i shifted, the universe shifted
i WAS shifted

i knew it was coming
i just didn't know when
i stopped waiting
and there it was
here it IS

peace