About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Jun 11, 2010

that make a family

oh this road that led me here
brings memories of good and some of tears
looking back over all these years
how much time i did waste on fear

he's eighteen now and with ropes on his shoulders
cap on top and a gown he couldn't wear bolder
going out into the world with the innocence of a soldier
oh he makes me proud and makes me feel older

i wasn't given the title of a woman with children
not naturally no, my grace was to be barren
so i borrowed and begged and stole over and again
the right to say "son" even if it's not true and never has been

in my world, i have a legacy
two older girls and a boy makes three
they'll never carry my name, never carry my gene
but they'll carry my love and all the memories...

that make a family