About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Jun 15, 2010

a science lesson

imagine that we live in a circle
not that circle of life thing but
the family circle, made up of blood lines, friends,
extended family members, by either law or just welcoming
arms that say "come, join us", "be a part of us"

then, i have a question

does the circle just get bigger and bigger
as the family grows
and does it reach a point where it gets so
big that it stretches like a balloon and
if so will it burst?

pop

or do the circles go through mitosis:

"...the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells. Cell division is usually a small segment of a larger cell cycle..."

yeah, that's the answer

through the process of mitosis, not through the expansion of air
inside a balloon, an attempt to equalize the pressure within
a given amount of volume and elasticity...

a family grows

divides

expands

becomes stronger in numbers

shares common DNA

multiplies

bonds

goes on

and on

and on...

creating a legacy

whether you "feel" part of the
family circle or not

you are

through memories


science is a wonderful thing