About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Jun 7, 2010

saying grace

when i say grace
i say it with love
thanking the one
the one up above

for when i had grace
i had a true friend
who loved unconditionally
all the way to the end

when i met grace
i thought she a he
til i read her name tag
on the cage it read "Lily"

when i held grace
the very first time
she purred uncontrollably
then on my head she climbed

when i took home grace
her name i did change
she witnessed my worse
of the bottle i claimed

when i needed grace
always she came
through sickness and tears
she purred through my shame

when i left grace
two months til i returned
she greeted me just a runnin
her love reaffirmed

when i slept with grace
she burrowed in my arm
all night she motored
and snored until dawn

when i said good-bye grace
i'll take away your pain
i did it with love
cuz i know she'd want it that way

now when i say grace
a response i do not hear
just an empty feeling
but i know she is near

grace

grace

grace

thank you

Amen