About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Mar 18, 2011

time for a 180

sometimes i don't think twice before i speak once
i preach
because i have experience
because i'm invited in to give my side
sometimes i give it...away
only to have it come back to bite me in the ass

parents shouldn't get involved with their adult children's drama
we forgive faster than they do
i know
because i have experience
can't stand the pain in their voice and in their cries
so i give it...away
then speak when not asked because i thought i was invited
when i was not

invitation lost in the mail
but i showed up anyway
turns out i wasn't on the guest list after all

friends should know when their status went from
"bestie" to "oldie" to "acquaintance" to "memory"
lost that note in the mail too
friends really aren't so judgemental
parents are though, that's our job you know
because we fear
because we have experience

relationships get messy real fast
when you show up, unknowingly, uninvited
should have just bowed out gracefully and quietly
but the hurt gets the best of us sometimes

did a 360 from years ago when i didn't know about the
"do not participate" golden rule
time for a 180