About me

My photo
I am many things to many different people. I have few titles and fewer awards but I am complete in all that I have accomplished. My most precious of all gifts does not belong to me yet I love as if. You may know me, but you'll never really know me because I cannot be anything more than what you want to see even though I am everything I need to be.

Feb 12, 2011

whirling and swirling little dust storms

i heard people say they wished life came with
an instruction manual
or, "if i knew then what i know now"
searching, searching, searching
instead of
accepting, accepting, accepting

life does come with an instruction manual, people
you just gotta make up your mind which one
you want to read or rely on
...and you don't have to pick just one

some call the manual the Bible
some call it the Torah
or the Quran
or the teachings of Dr. Wayne Dyer,
the Buda, your parents, your children,
the Big Book, Ellen DeGeneres, Emily Dickinson, Eminem....
i think you get it

all the influences around us
all that we innately feel (gut)
all the people we encounter
all the education we've received

all this information filling up our brain
and redirecting our emotions
on a daily basis

your manual is the past

because everything you hear or
read or believe is from the past
developed from life experiences
good or bad

change happens all the time
with each day, each hour, each second
sometimes I feel like i'm in the middle of
these whirling and swirling little dust storms
with the debris and dust blinding my eyes
forcing me to keep them shut because all
that crap hurts

move

find protection

remember my manual(s)...

i rely on them all to navigate me
to give me choices of what fits
in my life and what doesn't
my life is not yours
that's why it's called "my" life

but your life, and there are MANY of you,
forms who i am today
your manuals are my manuals

and when i decide that the little dust storms
pricking my skin are just too uncomfortable and annoying,
reducing my sight,
i know that someone, somewhere, wrote instructions
on how to get out of them

life does come with a manual
it's titled: "change; a life of love, wisdom, acceptance and time"

now go tackle those dust storms!